A road accident can change your life in seconds, and the consequences can last a lifetime. If you have suffered in a road traffic accident caused by another careless, reckless or negligent driver, you have the right to make a claim for compensation.
Road traffic accident claims include accidents experienced both on public and private transport.
Injuries sustained from a road accident can range from bruising or whiplash to life changing head and spinal injuries. We also represent those who have been injured by airbags, seat belts or child restraints.
Steps to take if you are involved in a road accident.
Road accidents can be very traumatic for everyone involved. However, for the best chance at making a compensation claim, make sure you take the following steps if you can after the accident:
- If two or more parties are involved in the accident, make sure you share essential information with everyone involved. This includes the car registration number, address, contact number and insurance details.
- Collect as much information as you can about the cars involved in the incident. This includes colour, make, model, registration and major damages caused by the accident.
- Take photos of the accident and take information from anyone who witnessed the accident.
- Report the accident to the police. This will help protect you if disagreements with the other party occurs in the future.
- Contact your insurance provider with information about the accident.
- Try not to discuss the accident at length with other parties involved.
Vehicle Accident Claims in Oldham and Manchester
Garratts’ expert road traffic accident solicitors will guide you through your claim using plain English, with an honest approach to communication about costs, timescales and outcomes. We will be available at any time throughout the investigation to answer any questions.
Our experienced team of personal injury solicitors specialise in road traffic accident claims, and will help you access the compensation and medical care you deserve with our supportive and compassionate service. We will talk to you in plain English, with no legalese or jargon.
With our free first advice promise it's easy to find out what your options are. Contact our Personal Injury Solicitors on 0161 665 3502 to discuss your case or start your claim online.