Having an accident at work may show that your employer has failed to carry out their responsibilities properly. Garratts Solicitors can help you with a claim for compensation if health and safety laws have not been followed.
Making a Claim For a Work Injury
We specialise in accident at work compensation claims, and we have come across all types of claims, but the majority of claims revolve around accidents and incidents such as:
- Injuries suffered from unsafe industrial activities
- Hearing loss or deafness from operating loud machinery
- Hearing loss from loud working environments
- Accidents from defective machinery
- Back injuries from lifting
- Slips, trips and falls on dangerous surfaces
Accident at Work Claims - Claim Compensation with Confidence
We understand that there may be additional pressures in making a claim against your employer. There is no reason for you to lose your job. There are a number of Employment laws that protect you in the event that you make a claim against your employer. You can be safe in the knowledge that your claim and any sensitive information will never be disclosed by us without your consent.
Accidents happen - when they occur in the workplace, the question is whether it could have easily been avoided? Has proper training been carried out? Are risk assessments regularly undertaken? If you suffer an injury that results in time off work or loss of income, you need legal guidance with any claim you make.
Follow these steps if you have been injured at work:
- Make sure you have recorded the accident within your employer's accident book
- List the names and addresses of any witnesses
- Obtain photographs of the accident scene
- Ask your employer to support you with your recovery
- Inform the Health and Safety Executive of the accident
With our free first advice promise it's easy to find out what your options are. Contact our Personal Injury Solicitors on 0161 665 3502 to discuss your case or start your claim online.