How much does conveyancing cost?
The average house price in the UK is £225,621 (source UK House Price Index). Our fees are based on average house prices, they vary according to the property price.
Buying a house
Our average legal fees to act on the purchase of a property are £645 inclusive of VAT.
Please note, If there is a mortgage an additional £100 plus VAT is added to our fees for acting for a lender; completion of an SDLT 1 would be a further £60.00 plus VAT.
Selling a house
Our average legal fees to act on the sale of a property range are £626 inclusive of VAT
- Notice of transfer fee: This fee if chargeable is set out in the lease. Often the fee is between 0 - £250 plus VAT
- Notice of charge fee: (if the property is to be mortgaged) – This fee is set out in the lease. Often the fee is between 0 - £250 plus VAT
- HM land registry fee: http://landregistry.data.gov.uk/fees-calculator.html
- Search fees: From £171 - £216 plus VAT - prices could increase subject to location of the property
- Chancel indemnity policy £12.79
- Bank transfer fee £17.00 plus VAT
- Land Registry Search £3.00
- Bankruptcy Search £2.00
- Anti-money laundering checks £5.00
- Deed of covenant fee: This fee is provided by the management company for the property and can be difficult to estimate. Often it is between 0 - £250 plus VAT
- Certificate of compliance fee: To be confirmed upon receipt of the lease, and can range between 0 - £250 plus VAT
*These fees vary from property to property and can be significantly more than the ranges given above. We can give you an accurate figure once we know who the management company and/or freeholder are. The notice fees are set by the management company/freeholder and we have no control over these charges.
Our Conveyancing Solicitors will give you a free quotation by telephone, email and post and a clear cost estimate at the start of the transaction. Please call us today at our Oldham head office or branch offices on the following numbers:-
||Jill or Kelly
||0161 665 3502
||Dorothy or Emma
||0161 344 2244
||Lianne or Kirsty
||0161 303 2328
||Michelle or Julie
||0161 724 0203
||Caryn or Vicky
||0161 794 7479
|Newton Heath branch
||0161 681 1933