- Standard single Will - £175 plus VAT
- Standard single Will (reduced rate for pensionable age) - £150 plus VAT
- Standard mirror Wills - £300 plus VAT
- Standard mirror Wills (reduction for pensionable age) - £260 plus VAT
- Severance of Joint Tenancy - £125 plus VAT and disbursements
- Complex Trust Wills incorporating Discretionary Trusts/Bloodline Trust or Trusts for disabled beneficiaries - single Will - £275 plus VAT/double Wills - £500 plus VAT
- Codicils to existing Wills - £125 plus VAT each or £175 plus VAT for mirror Wills
Our Wills service comprises at least two meetings with a qualified associate solicitor or partner of the firm, drafts of the document to review and amend, revision of the Will and execution. Wills are then stored for free, certified copies produced for your records and include registration with the Certainty National Wills database.
Powers of Attorney
Lasting Powers of Attorney (LPA) including provision of Certificate and registration with the Office of the Public Guardian:-
- £450 plus VAT for one LPA for either Property and Financial Affairs or Health and Welfare
- £650 plus VAT for two LPAs for either Property and/or Financial Affairs or Health and Welfare
- £950 plus VAT for four LPAs including both Property and Financial Affairs or Health and Welfare
Please note that these fees do not include the Court registration fee of £82 per document but do include an application to remit/reduce the Court fee if you are entitled on the basis of income or benefits.
An additional sum of £200 on account will be taken should it be necessary to obtain a statement of capacity from a medical professional. The clinician may also charge privately for the statement of capacity.
Receive a 10% discount off Wills when drafted at the same time as an LPA.
- General Powers of Attorney and Advance Directives/Living Wills- £150 plus VAT (per document)
- Registration of Enduring Power of Attorney - £250 plus VAT plus Court registration fee of £82 per document (subject to fee remission/reduction application)
- Application for Grant only - from £750 plus VAT and Probate Registry fees of £155 plus £1.50 per additional copy of Grant
- Full estate administration - hourly rate plus 1.5% of net residuary estate and 0.75% being net value of residence (in accordance with the Law Society's guidance). A minimum fee of £1,500 plus VAT and Probate Fees of £155 plus 50p per additional copy of Grant applies.
Our fees will vary depending on the terms of the Will, the nature of the intestacy and the complexity and value of the estate. As a guide, the fees for full administration will typically start from £2,500 to £5,000 plus VAT and disbursements (not including Court and Oath fees and any conveyancing fees).
Our full estate administration service will provide you with the expertise of a solicitor with at least 10 years qualified experience throughout the entire process, along with the support of our dedicated assistants.
This will include:
- Providing initial advice regarding the Will or intestacy position.
- Gathering the necessary evidence to complete the application for the Grant and processing the application with the Probate Registry.
- Collecting in assets, settling liabilities and preparing full estate accounts.
- Liaising with HMRC and DWP
- Distribution including bankruptcy checks and obtaining receipts.
- Searching for missing Wills, dormant investments and placing public notices if required.
Before undertaking any work, we will meet with you to review the Will and discuss the estate. We will then give you a fees estimate – which is a range of costs that we believe we could incur when dealing with the estate.
We would aim of obtain the Grant within 3-5 months of receiving instructions for a full estate administration and within 6-8 weeks for a fixed fee application. Once the Grant has been received the remainder of the administration of the estate can usually be dealt with over the course of a further 3-6 months depending on whether there is property or shares to sell.
Court of Protection
- Standard non-contentious Deputyship in accordance with the fixed costs in the Court of Protection
- Category I Work up to and including the date upon which the court makes an order appointing a deputy for property and affairs - £950 plus VAT
- Category II Applications under sections 36 (9) or 54 of the Trustee Act 1925 or section 20 of the Trusts of Land and Appointment of Trustees Act1996 for the appointment of a new trustee in the place of 'P' and applications under section 18(1)(j) of the Mental Capacity Act 2005 for authority to exercise any power vested in P, whether beneficially, or as trustee, or otherwise - £500 plus VAT
- Complex or contentious Deputyship based will be subject to our additional hourly rate
- Application to challenge fees for Residential Care and Court of Protections work such as Statutory Wills will be charged at our standard hourly rate and a quote can be provided following a discount fixed fee interview.
Trusts, Deeds of Renunciation and Deeds of Variation
- Trusts created to protect property or for the purposes of estate planning vary from case to case but are typically £1,500 to £3,000 plus VAT
- A personal injury trust to protect the award of a successful claim will cost £1,000 -£1,500 plus VAT
- Deeds of Renunciation or Removal from £250 plus VAT
- Deeds of Variation from £350 plus VAT