Personal Legal Services


Our local solicitors offer advice on Criminal Law. Contact Garratts and speak to one of our criminal defence experts today.

Our long-established criminal defence solicitors are highly respected in the field of Criminal Law. The firm undertakes both private and legal aid work throughout the North West.

If you have been accused of committing any crime, do not hesitate to contact us at Garratts Solicitors on 0161 344 2244 or use our 24 hr Emergency Line 07971 163241.


Working with our criminal defence solicitors

Most criminal proceedings begin with contact with the police. You may be arrested and taken to a police station for questioning.

When you arrive at the station, you have the legal right to ask the police to contact us immediately. We will be able to attend the station to represent you. This will be FREE of charge in ALL cases.

Maybe the police will contact you and ask you to attend the station voluntarily to be interviewed.

Contact us at that point even if you think the matter is quite trivial (we can even attend free of charge for some motoring offences). Again we will be able to attend the police station with you, and this will be FREE of charge in ALL cases.

REMEMBER It is your legal right to have a solicitor present when the police formally question you whether you are under arrest or not.


What to do if you need a criminal defence solicitor?

Whether you need representation at the police station or your case has already progressed to a court hearing call Garratts Solicitors on 0161 344 2244 or on our 24hr Emergency line on 07971 163241.  Alternatively, please complete our online enquiry form.

Our team of specialists recognize that it is essential that your rights are protected from the outset of any criminal investigation. We have years of experience in all areas of Criminal Law, from shoplifting to murder and, more recently, in Terrorism cases.

We will be there to assist you from the earliest stages of the police investigation through to its conclusion at either the Magistrates or Crown Court.


Personal Injury
Mental Health Review Accreditation
Children Law
Criminal Defence Service