Every year there are thousands of road traffic accidents, and the consequences can last those involved a lifetime. If you or a family member have been in a road traffic accident, you may have the right to make a claim for compensation.
Why do I need a solicitor for a road traffic accident?
You may be tempted to deal directly with your insurers after an accident. However often early offers of settlement from insurers will not factor in some of the long-term consequences of an accident. A solicitor will have extensive experience in road traffic accident claims and will be able to review your case in detail and may be able to ensure you get a higher settlement claim.
What is the road traffic accident claims process?
Whilst every case is different, our standard claims process follows 5 main steps:
- An initial review of your case on a “No win, No Fee” basis, at this point we should be able to provide you with a view as to whether we think you have a successful case,
- We will put together the evidence needed to prove your claim, and notify the insurers of the negligent party,
- We will organise for an independent medical examination report, at no cost to you, to ensure the best settlement outcome,
- Next, we’ll present the case to the insurers and enter settlement negotiations based on the evidence provided,
- Whilst our solicitors will always try and avoid a court case, which can be stressful for those involved, if the case does need to be taken to court, we will represent your case to a judge who will determine the outcome.
In either situation we will guide you through the process and discuss your case with you in easy to understand terms. Our expert team will be able to advise you on all case related issues, whether it’s taking on direct communication with insurance companies, other parties or advising you on discussing your accident on social media (insurers will take into account anything in the public domain).
How much will it cost to claim for a Road Traffic Accident?
The costs associated with road traffic accident claims can seem daunting, however we offer our legal services on a ‘No Win No Fee’ basis with no upfront costs. If your compensation claim is unsuccessful, we will not charge you anything for our services. If you are awarded compensation, our costs will usually be paid by the insurance company of the person responsible for the accident. You will also pay a success fee to us, but this is capped at a maximum of 25% of the compensation awarded.