Whether you’re a spectator or participant, you can never rule out getting injured when watching or taking part in sports. If a third party was responsible for you suffering from a sports injury, you might be eligible to claim compensation. Here at Garratts, our team of renowned personal injury solicitors will support you with your sports injury claim and ensure that you receive the right level of compensation you deserve.
What types of sports injuries can I claim compensation for?
Bruises or scratches are nothing unusual, especially for those taking part in contact sports. However, if another person was reckless or negligent, resulting in you getting injured, you may be able to make a claim for compensation.
Severe sports injuries may arise because a third party committed one of the following:
- Inappropriate levels of supervision were provided.
- Defective equipment was used.
- Insufficient instructions were given on equipment use.
- Exercise areas and sporting facilities were poorly maintained.
- Incorrect training advice was given to the participants.
- Reckless or dangerous behaviour was displayed.
- Unsafe training kit was used.
At Garratts, we’re highly experienced in handling claims for a variety of sports including:
- Horse riding
- Exercise involving gyms or sports centres
- Snow & Winter sports
What proof of evidence do I need to show when submitting my claim?
We will help you to collect the medical evidence you need to support your claim.
Further evidence will include:
- time, date and location of the accident
- photographic proof of the accident site
- contact details of any witnesses
- contact details of the negligent third party (if known), i.e. supervising trainer, referee or player.
What is the process for making a sports injury claim?
Firstly, get in touch with our team of personal injury solicitors who will offer you a free initial consultation. We will review your case and advise you as to whether we think you will be able to claim compensation.
Next, our team will accrue all evidence required to support your claim and inform any liable third parties. Any independent medical examination reports will also be arranged by us to help ensure the best possible outcome for your compensation claim. We will carry out all negotiations and if required, we will represent you in court.