Residential Landlord and Tenant Solicitors
Whether you are a landlord or a tenant, renting a property is quite often an arrangement that can be entered into for the mutual benefit of all parties.
Occasionally however, there may be times when issues arise which can lead to legal implications for the landlord, the tenant or both. This is when having the benefit of expert legal advice and assistance can help you to ensure that you are aware of any rights or obligations that may affect you. For landlords especially, in recent years, the law surrounding residential landlord and tenant issues has been constantly changing making it difficult at times for landlords to keep up to date. Some of these ever-increasing burdens placed on landlords in the private sector can cause serious difficulties for the landlord where there has been a failure to comply with all obligations including difficulties in obtaining lawful possession as well as financial penalties and sometimes unknowingly committing a criminal offence.
What our Residential Landlord and Tenant Solicitors Can Do For You
Garratts Solicitors has a dedicated team based at the Oldham office who are experienced in acting for landlords and tenants as well as letting agents and guarantors in many areas including:
- Possessions and evictions;
- Preparation of notices;
- Deposits and the Tenancy Deposit Schemes;
- Houses in Multiple Occupation (HMOs);
- Unlawful evictions and harassment;
- Disrepair and Environmental Health issues;
- Rent arrears/Monies due under a tenancy agreement;
- Status of occupation and security of tenure issues;
- Breach of tenancy agreement;
- Preparation of Assured Shorthold Tenancies (ASTs) and AST 'healthcheck' service.
- Certificate of Letting Service for Buy to Let Mortgages.
Contact Our Residential Landlord and Tenant Solicitors
If you're a landlord or a tenant, a letting agent or guarantor or simply require advice and assistance on a matter relating to residential landlord and tenant law, contact Garratts Solicitors today at our Oldham office on 0161 665 3502 or complete our online enquiry form.