Garratts probate solicitors can compassionately advise those who are faced with dealing with a loved one's estate after their death.
After a loved one has passed away, there can be an overwhelming amount of legal and financial processes to go through.
We can assist with probate procedures and the administration of estates in accordance with a Will or, in the absence of a Will, the Intestacy Rules.
Garratts solicitors know that dealing with the paperwork, financial information, forms and tax requirements can be overwhelming when faced with a bereavement.
Our probate solicitors offer practical advice on:
- Notifying banks, buildings societies, insurance companies and creditors
- Dealing with practicalities in the home such as insurance, utilities and valuations
- Dealing with Inheritance Tax forms and liaising with HMRC re personal taxation or trusts.
- Obtaining the Grant of Probate or Letters or Administration
- Releasing the assets of the estate and dealing with the transfer/sale of property
- Paying outstanding debts
- Distributing the estate as required.
We are happy to do as much or as little as you need, whether obtaining the Grant for a fixed fee or dealing with the full administration of a complex estate in a timely manner.
Taking responsibility for the administration of an estate leaves the Executor or Personal Representative personally liable for any mis-step.
Speak to us about taking prudent legal advice to protect yourself and the beneficiaries.
Call us today on 0161 665 3502 and our friendly, knowledgeable Wills and Probate solicitors will be able to answer any questions you may have. You can also contact us online.